Learn more about Mission Critical web design services
At Mission Critical, I understand that particularly for clients who are unfamiliar with setting up a website, it can be a daunting and worrying prospect. You may be worried about expensive costs or unsure of what technologies or security considerations you need.
As well as community and personal websites, Mission Critical aim to get sole traders and small businesses online, helping in particular those who haven't considered a website before or are confused about what is required.
Quality, value and a personal friendly service
I offer a complete service from the design stage to getting your new website launched online as soon as possible. I provide effective, stylish and affordable website design and development, quality and value for money websites with the minimum of fuss, which are perfect if you are considering your first website or want to update your existing site.
Keeping costs low whilst maintaining quality and security
Setting up a website for your company or business does not cost as much as you may expect. Our low cost web design prices are competitive and offer great value for money. Whether you are an individual, community group, charity or a small to medium business requiring a basic website of a either few pages to a comprehensive database-driven site, Mission Critical can help and advise. Whether you require an effective and reliable e-commerce solution to bring your business online or a content management solution to allow your staff to update your site, Mission Critical has the experience to deliver just what you need for your online presence, in a timely manner and on budget.
Please feel free to ask for a free web design estimate - I will be delighted to provide a breakdown of prices, show you examples from our portfolio and find an effective website design package that is ideal for you, with absolutely no obligation.
Working part-time from home and being based in Prestatyn, North Wales, I don't charge the kind of prices that 'big city' firms or agencies do for website design services and search engine ranking optimisation services. Mission Critical has thrived on 'word of mouth' and a friendly but professional attitude.
As you might expect, costs vary according to the size of the project and what is required, after discussing your requirements I can give you a fair estimate.
Our Pricing Guidlines
As a guide, our websites fall within the following main categories:
- Brochure Site - A thoughtfully designed 1-3 page website, promoting your business from just £199 including 12 months hosting and domain name registration. Or you can base the site on your existing brochure or publicity material.
- Standard websites up to 10 pages generally cost approximately £400-£600 depending upon the work involved, including 12 months hosting and domain name registration.
- Advanced dynamic or database driven sites where you need to store a lot of information and provide search facilities to your users start from £500, including 12 months hosting and domain name registration.
- E-commerce websites where anyone can pay with a credit or debit card start from £1000 due to the extra work involved in adding your products to an online store facility with shopping cart. Your bank may provide a payment gateway already that can be intergrated or we can set you up with PayPal etc.
All of our websites include full domain name registration with optional privacy options, unlimited proper e-mail (both standard POP3 or forwarding accounts) with usernames and passwords, professional web hosting (to host your website's pages and files), unlimited mySQL databases and Perl/PHP plus many more features as standard. You can also have your own Control Panel with phpMyAdmin database allowing you to access and add features, view statistics, manage your e-mail accounts and much more.
Thinking about adding features such as a Message Board, Gallery or Blog?
We can integrate a variety of extra features on your website such as to name but a few:
- Blogs - We can set up a powerful, feature-laden Blog for you, perfect for personal or corporate use.
- Community Blogs - These integrate with your forum message board so that you can provide your members each their own unique Blogs!
- Forum Message Boards - You can always build your own community with free versions of forum software such as the Simple Machines SMF Bard but I recommend and much prefer professional products such as Invision Power Board for added security, improved features and better support.
- RSS news feeds - Syndicate your content for use on your own personal pages, other websites or applications.
- XML data streams - The best way to share and use data.
- Flash - We don't supply or recommend complete Flash websites as they are for the most part inaccessible to disabled users and prevent search engine spiders from fully searching your website properly. We do however, offer Flash animations in moderation (such as rotating images) and thoroughly recommend the use of Flash Video to add fast loading quality video to your website should you need it. We can provide image or video with playlists too.
- Galleries - Add an interactive photo or image gallery to your website or add an intergrated Gallery module to your forums so that registered members can rate and discuss your images.
- Support Ticket facilities - Need to add automated ticket support to your website? No problem.
- Guest Books - Spam Proof (junk mail) Guestbooks are a reality, we only install the best for security reasons.
- Accessible forms - Make sure your website's forms comply with DDA legal requirements.
- Message board theme/skinning services to match the look of your website. We can supply free and retail themes, or design a custom one for you to match your website.
- If you want a full Content Management System (CMS) that will help you build your own websites and other powerful online applications, your hosting has all of the requirements. If you want to keep costs down or make simple updates to your website, we would recommend Joomla, CMS Made Simple or Cushy CMS which are open source solutions that are free to everybody.
Firstly contact Mission Critical and tell us a little about your requirements. I'll get in touch with you to discuss your needs and to give you an idea of pricing, and we can talk about what is involved. You'll also have the opportunity at any stage to ask any questions.
I ask for a 25% deposit on all work undertaken, with the balance payable within 30 days on completion of your site.
You can provide your own content, perhaps images/photos of your business, services and products together with 'copy' (text), such as details about your business and the services you offer and want to promote. You may have existing brochures, website or publicity material you'll want to incorporate. Or you can allow me to compose suitable copy and take photographs or acquire inexpensive royalty free images for your approval.
I'll also submit your website to Google, Yahoo and MSN's Bing service. I'll also speed up integration with Search Engines by submitting 'site maps' for you. I will help your ranking by using a variety of coding techniques called Search Engine Optimisation which include optimised web-standards compatible code and strategic keyword placement. I don't use 'Black Book' technologies like hidden keywords or fake links to trick search engines into listing you higher in their results that will get you quickly blacklisted.
If you want me to update your site, small basic updates and changes are free for the first month. More complex or involved work (including work after the first month) is charged at just £25 per hour covering similar additional pages or weekly/monthly/annual updates, but I'm very flexible and commons sense and fairness prevail depending on the updates required.
Once your web site has been launched, you only pay the ongoing annual domain name costs, web hosting and any applicable software licensing fees. I'll provide all files and admin access upon request, or I can look after and maintain your website for you, completely dependant upon your requirements.